AFCAT 2020 Notification: Indian Air Force has published the short notification for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2019 for the courses commencing in January 2021 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) / Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branche.. Eligible Men and Women can apply online for AFCAT 2020 through www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR www.afcat.cdac.in.
AFCAT 2020 Online Application will start on 01 December 2019. The last date for IAF AFCAT 2020 Registration is 30 December 2019. Candidates can apply online through the official website or directly through the AFCAT 2020 Application Link given below.
Selected candidates in AFCAT 2020 will be placed as Commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Before registering, candidates should read and understood the details available in the notification.
Advertisement No: 01/2020/NCC SPECIAL ENTRY
- Starting Date for Online Application -01 December 2019
- Last Date of Online Application – 30 December 2019
AFCAT 2020 Vacancy Details
- AFCAT (Flying) – SSC – 60
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) – AE(L) : PC – 40, SSC – 26 and AE(M) : PC – 23, SSC – 16
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) – Admin : PC – 24, SSC – 16., Accts : PC – 14, SSC – 10,. Lgs ; PC- 12, SSC – 08
NCC Special Entry
- Flying – 10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC
AFCAT 2020 Type of Commission
- PC for Men – Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per their branch and rank.
- SSC for Men & Women -The engagement period for Flying Branch SSC officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non-extendable). The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech and Non-Tech) branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability, and merit.
AFCAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria (as per AFCAT 2019)
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Technical Branch: Candidates should have passed a 4-year degree program in engineering or equivalent, for detailed qualification refers to the notification below.
- Flying Branch: Graduates in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate and should have passed Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level, Alternatively should have BE / B Tech degree (with minimum 60% marks.
AFCAT 2020 Age Limit:
- Flying Branch: 20 to 24 years
- Ground Duty (Technical/Non-technical) Branches: 20 to 26 years
AFCAT 2020 Physical Fitness Test:
Candidates will be required to complete 1.6km run in the stipulated time frame of 9 Min, 100 Meter run in 16 sec, furthermore 20 Pushup and Sit-ups in 1 minute, should be able to do 3 chin-ups and should be able to swim 25 meters.
Selection Process for AFCAT 2020 (as per AFCAT 2019)
Candidates will be selected on the basis of AFCAT written examination, Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test, Psychological test and Group tests / Interview.
How to Apply for AFCAT 2020
Candidates can apply online for IAF AFCAT 2020 through ‘careerindianairforce.cdac.in or afcat.cdac.in’ from 01 December to 30 December 2019.
AFCAT 2020 Online Application Link – to active from 01 Dec